martedì 30 settembre 2008

Between data and information

I appreciate very much your intent to give more relevance to information present in machines. This is the part of Connectivism that I prefer.
Thanks to my studies in informatics I have very clear in my mind the difference between data and information, machines are full of data but people give them a significance, people create the context. I'm wondering, could we call knowledge this machine information because is data elaborated by people?

I think in the digital age it is very necessary to elaborate a new relation between human beings and machines, maybe connectivism could be the answer...
...to be continued...

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

It is only now that I discovered your blog from Stephen's updated OPML file. So I am looking forward to reading more about your thoughts on data, information, HCI, and connectivism.